I was on “vacation” the last couple of weeks, during that time I was going to spring clean the house. Well my best made plans didn’t work out as I’d hoped. I ended up spending the first part of the vacation sick, and not the normal sickness, it took a little while for me to finally get to the DR to realize what was actually wrong with me was viral meningitis (Inflammation of brain and spinal cord membranes) sounds scary I know. It’s not fun and I don’t recommend it. I suffered from severe headaches, nausea, some vomiting and coughing that kept me and my husband awake at night. Needless to say it took the whole first part of the vacation just to get the bedroom and bathroom done, with the frequent breaks I was having to take just to get through the day I wasn’t getting a whole lot done. After the DR gave me something to ease the inflammation I started doing better and was able to try and get things done. What was supposed to be cleaning the whole house turned into cleaning just the main parts, since I ran out of time. The house is cleaner and some what decluttered but not at all what I had in mind when I went into this.
Things you realize when you’re sick, stuck on the couch.
- You notice how unclean the house is, especially when you want to be cleaning.
- You get very good at making plans on how you want to do something, but never get to practice them.
- Animals don’t stop needing your care, and they don’t understand why your not so receptive to their “love”, the dogs drove me NUTS!
- Animals on a routine, ie. goats, don’t care if you’re busy being sick, ‘we eat at 4 o’clock that’s when you need to be here not a minute after.’
- There is nothing on TV midday Saturdays and Sundays.
- The kitchen on Food Network is kinda funny and I like it. ( It’s a talk show with chefs cooking and being silly)
- Food network, HGTV, and FYI play a lot of reruns. I think they are on a loop.
- And I didn’t miss work one bit, sick or not.
It was a long vacation but unfortunately not long enough. I love being at home and only having animals I need to please. Just so tired of working indoors stuck behind a computer. If I had it my way there would never be any posts on this blog cause I would never be at a computer again.